Human Resources departments are inundated with new documents filled with sensitive information. Compliance regulations govern not only how this data is stored, but who can access it and how long it must be retained.
When HR departments rely on paper documents and paper-centric processes, maintaining compliance is next to impossible. Forward-thinking companies are transforming HR's paper dependency with document scanning. Here's why you'll want to do the same.
HR & Scanning
Managing HR documents is a tremendous burden, both on staff and on your company. HR departments spend much of their time shuffling papers and hoping not to miss anything. In the meantime, upper management is very aware of the risks to the entire company if something goes wrong. Switching to digital processes is one way to reduce both the time involved and the risks. Here are the most sought-after benefits:
Scanning and then storing digitized documents in the cloud or in-house storage repositories provides easier access for authorized personnel. Not only are documents faster to locate, but permissions controls also keep them out of the hands of unauthorized personnel.
Automate Your Workflows
Paper-based processes are always a source of productivity bottlenecks. Document scanning puts data directly where it needs to go for state-of-the-art process automation.
- Route employment applications directly to hiring personnel and processes.
- Speed up benefit requests.
- Alert staff members of actionable events.
- Quickly check on processes for fast status updates.
- Avoid missed deadlines by automatically moving time-sensitive documents through established approval processes.
- Eliminate costly and time-consuming errors caused by manual data entry.
- Mitigate compliance risks.
- Be better prepared for audits.
Scanning is a perfect solution for saving time and money while improving compliance processes. To find out more about scanning and other document solutions, get in touch with us at MMIT Business Solutions Group today!